Saturday, March 18, 2006

My blog and blasphemy

We are so naive, so so naive.
I am denied access to my blog because some loony cartoonist in the farthest end of scandinavia had nothing better to do than to sling mud at my Prophet (SAW). I'm upset, enraged, feeling lower than a grasshopper's knee, yet have no access to my blog where I can purge my repressed emotions, yell my heart out and feel better. The entire world is sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the show as we wreck ourselves, burn down our cities, kill our own people in protest, and block our own blogs. It usually begins right at the basics, some people are just, rebellious by nature. The proverbial Maverick that loves going against the flow of the tide and gets thrilled at that alone. Maybe this guy just did this for kicks too? Not that it rends his actions forgivable, it is no doubt a high priority red alert and very serious in nature and content. It should definitely be condemned but for crying out loud, could they please be channelised to protest in a remotely saner way than they are? Somebody go ask them, what does my blog have to do with THAT man, or even THAT country? Or for that matter any individual with a mutinous standpoint or profile? I'm sure he's having the time of his life, on a vacation in Hawaii (because his well-being's at risk in the pretty Muslim countries!), sunbathing, sipping Pina Colada and cooking up more ideas to ridicule religious beliefs so he could earn more of this free-of-cost fame! And here I am, sitting on a weekend after scurrying my way through the hectic work routines, trying to relax and sluice out my system, wringing it clean of the tiresome grime; sulking on a "Cannot find this page, DNS Error or Server Not Found"
The question remains, when exactly do we intend to grow up? When precisely do we initiate thinking rationally and acting accordingly as benchmark treatment of sensitive situations and scenarios arising every now and then?
Besides, FYI: the blogs that displayed the blasphemous cartoons are still working!! Hallelujah!

2 Comments:

Blogger hushed said...

Hey thanks christian, though this is a dormant one. the one up and running is http://sumbul.blogpost.com
come around sometime :)

5:46 AM  
Blogger hushed said...

blonde moment
sorry
http://sumbul.blogspot.com

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home