Thursday, March 23, 2006

A new quest

History has to be rewritten in every generation, because although the past does not change the present does; each generation asks new questions of the past, and finds new areas of sympathy as it relives different aspects of the experiences of its predecessors.

Christopher Hill (1912-2003)Historian


this gets my creative juices whizzed in a food processor! Seriously, i'll write history. For the next generation, write-off what my parents passed on to me about emotions and life, it's all obsolete, doesn't work for me any more. But how sure I am that whatever I feel will remain in working conditions when it's time for the next gen to use it? Like the margins in notebooks we used to doodle in, meant for extra notes, when penning down history, there should always be space for the "new questions each generation asks of the past"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home